COMING SOON – THE KOORIE ART SHOW 2018
ENTRIES TO THE KOORIE ART SHOW 2018 ARE NOW OPEN!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE ENTRY FORM. ENTRIES CLOSE MONDAY 8 OCTOBER 2018
The Koorie Art Show is our annual event showcasing the diverse talent of Victoria’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists in one inclusive space.
The Koorie Art Show is an open-entry, non-acquisitive award exhibition, presenting the works of emerging to senior, Koorie and Victorian based Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists.
In 2017, 80 artists from across regional and rural Victoria entered into the show, presenting over 130 works. We encourage all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists living in Victoria to enter into the show.
All eligible entries are exhibited in the Koorie Heritage Trust’s Gallery at Federation Square and all works are available for sale to the public.
- Creative Victoria Award for Excellence in Any Media $10,000
- Metro Tunnel Creative Program Award $5,000
- Koorie Heritage Trust People’s Choice Award $500
- More awards will be announced shortly.
- Jacob Boehme – Creative Director Yirramboi First Nations Arts Festival
- Hannah Presley – Curator Australian Centre for Contemporary Art
- Mick Harding – Artist and Chairperson of the Victorian Aboriginal Heritage Council
- Exhibition dates:
- 8 December 2018 – 24 February 2019
- Exhibition launch:
- 8 December 2018, 2pm – 4pm
- Level 1, Yarra Building, Federation Square.
Deadline for entries is 5:00pm Monday 8 October 2018.
For more information or for assistance filling out the entry form call 03 8662 6300 or email Assistant Curator, Kate ten Buuren: email@example.com
The Koorie Art Show is a Victorian Government initiative through Creative Victoria in partnership with the Koorie Heritage Trust. The Koorie Art Show 2018 has been supported by the Metro Tunnel Creative Program, the City of Melbourne and the Federal Government’s Indigenous Visual Arts Industry Support Program.