The Koorie Heritage Trust is embarking on a period of growth and expansion and is seeking an ambitious and suitably qualified individual to be a key member of the team supporting that growth.
As Bookkeeper, you will play a pivotal role in the financial management of the KHT. Reporting to the Business Manager you will record the day-to-day financial transactions of the Trust. This includes general journals, balance sheet and bank reconciliation, accounts payable and receivable, asset management, payroll processing and associated monthly reporting.
In addition, the Bookkeeper will support the accounting functions (both in and outsourced) in the efficient and accurate processing of end-of-month procedures.
The successful candidate will play an important role in the processes and systems transformation of the finance function at the KHT and through this, will gain exposure to external advisory services and highly experienced and skilled oversight governance structures.
Accounts payable and receivable
- Management of the end-to-end accounts receivable process from the generation of customer invoices through coding, approvals and reconciliation and collections
- Management of the end-to-end accounts payable process through coding, approvals and reconciliation and payment runs
- Ensure that accounts payable process adheres to internal policy requirements, for example Delegated Authority requirements
- Management of online donations and related correspondence
Financial records management & reporting
- Balance sheet, bank reconciliation and other financial reports as required
- Assist and support all financial audit requirements
- Preparation and lodging of business activity statements (BAS) and related ATO compliance requirements
- Reconciliation and reporting on inventory, monthly accruals, journals, fixed assets and
- Assist in communications with ATO, auditors, bank and suppliers as required
- Ensure accounting standards and policies are adhered to
- Assisting third party (tier 1 accounting & consultancy firm) with overall accounts and
- End to end payroll processing and reconciliation including superannuation, salary sacrifice and Workcover
- Management of accurate payroll records for all employees inclusive of reportable FBT where applicable
- Other tasks or additional requirements may be assigned to the employee from time to time as is required and reasonable. The role may change in scope as is necessitated by ongoing Trust demands and requirements.Selection Criteria
- Minimum 2 years experience in bookkeeping and award payroll
- Proficiency with MYOB & XERO
- Solid experience with month end reporting
- Able to calculate BAS
- A diploma or Certificate IV (Bookkeeping) or similar
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within multiple teams
- Ability to take control of the tasks and responsibilities hands on
- High attention to detail, accuracy and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in Not-for-Profit and / or cultural organisations
- Highly motivated work ethic
- Experience in Salesforce CRM
The Koorie Heritage Trust is an equal opportunity employer and offers all employees;
- First Aid Training
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) free to all employees and their immediate families
- Diversity and Inclusion Training
- Cultural Competency and Safety Training
- Salary Sacrificing
- Flexible Working Arrangements (role-based)
$65,000 to $75,000 per annum.
For further information on this role and how to apply, please contact Paul Inkster – Business Manager, by EMAIL.