The Koorie Art Show: Kids and Youth is our annual event showcasing the diverse talent of Victoria’s young and emerging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander creative talent aged between 5 and 16 years. The Koorie Art Show: Kids and Youth compliments the Koorie Art Show which is open for Victorian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artist 17 years and older.
The Koorie Art Show: Kids and Youth is an open-entry, non-acquisitive award exhibition.
All entered works will be eligible for the following gift pack prizes.
- 5-10 years Koorie Heritage Trust award (2 x gift cards to the value of $250 each)
- 5-10 years Koorie Heritage Trust encouragement award (2 x gift cards to the value of $100 each)
- 11-16 years Koorie Heritage Trust award (2 x gift cards to the value of $250 each)
- 11-16 years Koorie Heritage Trust encouragement award (2 x gift cards to the value of $100 each)
Winners will be announced at the exhibition launch and community day on Saturday 7 December, 2-4pm.
The judging panel for the 2nd Koorie Art Show Kids and Youth awards are:
- Aunty Esther Kirby OAM (Yorta Yorta and Wiradjuri), Elder and Artist
- Steven Rhall (Taungurung), artist and academic.
Maxine Briggs (Taungwurrung and Yorta Yorta), Indigenous Research Centre, State Library of Victoria and previous member of the Koorie Arts Collective/first Chairperson of Songlines Aboriginal Music Corporation Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, Maxine is unable to participate on the 2019 judging panel. Instead, we welcome Myles Russell-Cook, Curator Indigenous Art, National Gallery of Victoria as a much valued replacement
The Koorie Heritage Trust’s judging policy can be viewed here.