UPCOMING – OLD AND NEW
Old and New is the sixth solo exhibition from Yorta Yorta visual and performance artist Greg Muir. Taking inspiration from photographs, most from his own collection, Greg takes us on a captivating journey retelling the story of his life through art. Whether it be an image of his family or a view of the Murray River, Greg’s paintings take us on a journey unrestricted by any disability. Old and New combines the familiarity of Greg’s well-known landscapes with new, deeply personal portraits featuring a variety of subjects. Each painting interconnects with the next, challenging what we know about Aboriginality and disability.
- Saturday 5 October, 2pm – 4pm
- Please join us for the opening of Old and New,
- along with Camping on Country by Aunty Bronwyn Razem,
- Marnda Grik by Black Gin, and Dry Your Dishes on My Culture
- by Kait James with live music and refreshments.
- 5 October 2019 – 24 November 2019
- Level 1 Gallery, Yarra Building
- Federation Square, Melbourne.