THE KOORIE ART SHOW 2017
The Koorie Art Show is our annual event showcasing the diverse talent of Victoria’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists in one inclusive space.
The show is an open-entry, non-acquisitive award exhibition, presenting the works of emerging to senior, Koorie and Victorian based Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists. 80 artists from around Victoria have entered into the show this year, from across regional and rural Victoria, presenting over 130 works. The awards were judged by artist Bindi Cole and artist and manager of Bunjilaka, John Patten.
- Creative Victoria Award for Excellence in any media – $10,000
- Nicholas Hovington, Wrapped in Culture, 2017, Kangaroo jaws with teeth,
- Wax thread, River reeds
- Lendlease Reconciliation Award – $5,000
- Coree Thorpe, Briggs, 2017, Acrylic on Metal
- RMIT University Award – $3,000
- Tiffany Garvie, Abandoned: Self Portrait, 2016, Photograph C-type Flex print,
- Di-bound aluminium
- Koorie Heritage Trust 3D Award – $1,000
- Marilyne Nicholls, Emu Feather Necklace And Parrot Feather Necklace (in a set),
- 2017, Feathers, Fibre, Ochre
- Koorie Heritage Trust Encouragement Award for emerging artists – $500
- Jadah Pleiter, Part Aboriginal, 2017, Digital Print on Cotton Rag
- Koorie Heritage Trust Moogji Club People’s Choice Award – $500
- Nathan Patterson, Connections, 2017, Acrylic on Canvas.
- Pierra Van Sparkes, Don’t Hold A Drop Of Water, 2017, print.
- Entries have closed for KAS 2017 (you can download the past entry form HERE).
The Koorie Art Show is a Victorian Government initiative through Creative Victoria in partnership with the Koorie Heritage Trust. We acknowledge the generosity of our key supporters, Lendlease and RMIT University. The Koorie Art Show is also made possible through the support of the Australian Government through the Indigenous Visual Arts Industry Support program and the City of Melbourne.