CALL FOR ENTRIES – THE KOORIE ART SHOW 2018
ENTRIES TO THE KOORIE ART SHOW 2018 ARE NOW OPEN!
THE DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES HAS BEEN EXTENDED! ENTRIES NOW CLOSE 5PM MONDAY 22 OCTOBER 2018
The Koorie Art Show is our annual event showcasing the diverse talent of Victoria’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists in one inclusive space.
The Koorie Art Show is an open-entry, non-acquisitive award exhibition, presenting the works of emerging to senior, Koorie and Victorian based Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists.
In 2017, 80 artists from across regional and rural Victoria entered into the show, presenting over 130 works. We encourage all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists living in Victoria to enter into the show.
All eligible entries are exhibited in the Koorie Heritage Trust’s Gallery at Federation Square and all works are available for sale to the public.
- Creative Victoria Award for Excellence in Any Media $10,000
- Metro Tunnel Creative Program 2D Award $5,000
- Viva Energy 3D Award $5,000
- Lendlease Reconciliation Award $5,000
- RMIT University Emerging Artist Award $3,000
- Koorie Heritage Trust Highly Commended Award x2 $500
- Koorie Heritage Trust People’s Choice Award $1,000 (to be announced at the conclusion of the show)
- Jacob Boehme – Creative Director Yirramboi First Nations Arts Festival
- Hannah Presley – Curator Australian Centre for Contemporary Art
- Mick Harding – Artist and Chairperson of the Victorian Aboriginal Heritage Council
- Exhibition dates:
- 8 December 2018 – 24 February 2019
- Exhibition launch:
- 8 December 2018, 2pm – 4pm
- Level 1, Yarra Building, Federation Square.
- Everyone is welcome to attend the official opening and award announcement, there will be live music and food.
Deadline for has been extended entries are now due by 5:00pm Monday 22 October 2018.
For more information or for assistance filling out the entry form call 03 8662 6300 or email Assistant Curators, Kate ten Buuren: firstname.lastname@example.org or Zenzi Clark email@example.com
The Koorie Art Show is a Victorian Government initiative through Creative Victoria in partnership with the Koorie Heritage Trust. The Koorie Art Show 2018 has been supported by the Metro Tunnel Creative Program, the City of Melbourne and the Federal Government’s Indigenous Visual Arts Industry Support Program.