KOORIE ART SHOW 2016
The Koorie Art Show is our annual event showcasing the diverse talent of Victoria’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists in one inclusive space. The show is an open-entry, non-acquisitive award exhibition, presenting the works of emerging to senior, Koorie and Victorian based Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists. All eligible entries are exhibited in the Koorie Heritage Trust’s Gallery at Federation Square and all works are available for sale to the public.
2016 Winning works:
- Creative Victoria Award for Excellence in Any Media $5,000
- Greg Muir (Yorta Yorta), Travelling on Our Ancestors Land 2016, acrylic
- RMIT University Award $3,000
- Pierra Van Sparks (Pibbulman), Blackfulla Bingo 2016, digital print on canvas
- Kane Construction Award $500
- Cassie Leatham (Taungurung/Wurundjeri), Warrigal Creek Middens 2016, pipe
- clay, bones, shells, ochre, charcoal
- Moogji Club People’s Choice Award $500
- Wayne Quillam (Palawa), Cultural Apocalypse 2016, photographic print on canvas.
The awards were judged by Bev Murray, Program Manager Link-Up Victoria, Aboriginal Child Care Agency; Paola Balla, Artist/Curator; and Clinton Nain, Artist/Curator.
The Koorie Art Show is a Victorian Government initiative through Creative Victoria in partnership with the Koorie Heritage Trust, and is sponsored by RMIT University and Kane Construction.