We are leaders in Building Aboriginal Cultural Competency through our Indigenous cultural awareness training programs. Our facilitators are experts in the field, and we can work with you to tailor a program to suit your particular requirements.
Our current BACC Programs are:
- Building Aboriginal Cultural Competency Program (Half or Full Day) for Not for Profit, Public Sector and Corporate Organisations. To enable participants to gain the most out of this particular program and group activities, we have a minimum group size requirement of 10 participants. We also cap the group size at 25 to provide all participants the opportunity to engage with the facilitator. Click here for information on this program. For any further information, please contact Rob Hyatt, our Education Manager, by telephone on (03) 8662 6335 or email.
- Building Aboriginal Cultural Competency Program (Half Day Only) for individuals and small groups who by themselves are unable to meet the minimum group size requirement. Session details below.
- Strategic Partnerships Program designed specifically for Schools Leadership to develop their cultural competency in order to implement the Victorian Aboriginal Affairs Framework 2013-2018 and the DET Garrin Garrin Policy.
Our programs are based around experiential/participatory learning that encourage reflection on participants’ own values, beliefs and behaviour. Our programs also provide flexibility to incorporate specific needs of organisations working in particular fields with Aboriginal communities including education, health, justice and land & resources.
The learning outcomes of these programs are generally to:
- Develop awareness of Aboriginal culture and identity
- Develop awareness of the strengths of Aboriginal culture and people
- Assist in making the connection and understanding the impact of colonisation and past policy for Aboriginal people today
- Develop capacity to be more understanding and responsive to Aboriginal colleagues and clients
- Motivate participants in their cultural competence journey
BACC Program Timetable 2018 for Individuals and Small Groups
Our standard BACC program is intended for organisations who are able to meet our minimum group size requirement of 10 participants. We acknowledge however, that there are individuals and organisations that may not be able to meet the minimum group size.
Throughout the year, we offer sessions specifically for individuals and small groups as follows.
|When:||6 December 2018, 9.30am-1pm|
|Where:||Koorie Heritage Trust, The Yarra Building, Federation Square|
|Booking:||Booking essential through TryBooking|
For further information, please contact Rob Hyatt, our Education Manager, by telephone on (03) 8662 6300 or email.